Drag and Drop files into editor window

Comments, suggestions and request for new features here.

Drag and Drop files into editor window

Postby Sam Dean » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:39 am

Erm, the title says it all really.

I'd like to be able to drag and drop files into the wave editor.

(Picky I know)
Sam Dean

Turning into a bit of rant about Dexster

Postby Sam Dean » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:40 am

OK, a list of things that are annoying me. (I'm a s/w geek so some of these are picky)

Drag and drop (see above)

Open multiple files?

When you save a wav, it should default to the quality of the wav (or the last settings you used to save with) it should not start at the lowest settings.

Normalise should remember the last setting, not reset to 50 each time.

When you select normalise without anything selected, it should automatically select the whole wave. (This is also true for other operations but I can't be bothered to test them) instead of not doing anything. Even an error message would be nice.

Normalise options has a slider and a greyed out text area. Why is this greyed out and only the slider opetational? I want to normalise to 95% for 15 wav files and am getting annoyed. It should either be editable or not be an edit box.

Have fun!

Sam
Sam Dean

Still going!

Postby Sam Dean » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:41 am

Hi

OK, I've fought with it and got my 15 or so wav files saved (44.1 mono) however, it seems that in the data header, the data size is always set to 291939, regardless of the size or format of the wav.

Also, the riff data size states that the wav data is the file size - 8, implying that there is only an 8 byte header. This can't be true, perhaps there are samples missing from the very end of the file?

I think i'm going to stop using it now, it hurts my head . . .
Sam Dean

Return to New Features Request