MP3 rip fails

Forum Discussion for VIDEOzilla

MP3 rip fails

Postby Stovo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:00 pm

I am using VIDEOzilla v 2.3 on WXP SP2

I want to record the soundtrack of AVI (XVID) files in MP3 format. I was able to do this for the first few files, but now I keep getting the following error message:

VIDEOzilla: Convert.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c910e03" referenced memory at "0xfffcfffc". The memory could not be "written".

The original sound track is in MP3 format. VIDEOzilla WILL record in WAV format, but I'm not interested in reconverting each file back to MP3.

I've re-installed the app, etc. but does not help.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is? Thanks in advance.
Stovo

Re: MP3 rip fails

Postby softdiv » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Hello,

Please check the installation folder of Videozilla, eg. C:\Program Files\Videozilla , copy lame_enc.dll and paste it into C:\Windows\System32 . Replace the existing file. Try to convert your video again. Thanks

Best Regards;
Rick
Softdiv Software
http://www.softdiv.com
softdiv
Site Admin

Postby Stovo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks for your reply Rick.

However, unfortunately, after doing as you instructed, I still get the above error message
Stovo

Postby z28 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:02 pm

i'm having the same problem i was always able to rip mp3's with no problem untill today. i have version 2.2 sp2 windows xp pro . i get that same error message but i looked a little further in what windows error message gives you.. this is it

AppName: convert.exe AppVer: 2.2.0.ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0003426d

i searched for that file **ntdll.dll** on my computer. I have 3 of them 2 are created on Monday, November 13, 2006, 7:07:49 PM
and the one in my sytem 32 folder was created Tuesday, August 10, 2004, 2:00:00 PM

the other 2 with newer created dates are located in these folders C:\WINDOWS\I386
C:\WINDOWS\I386\SYSTEM32

now what i'm wondering is it because that .dll in my C:\WINDOWS\system32 is older then the other 2 if this is causing this error.
I tryed to delete both of the others newer dated ones that didnt help. then i tryed to delete the older one to try and put the newer dated version in my system 32 folder. well it won't let me cuase it says it's in use or write protected. I tryed in safe mode also same thing

i don't know if this helps to find an answer or just makes it more confusing lol but that's what i did. to try and solve my issue but i'm still getting the same error
z28

Postby z28 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:03 pm

actually those newer dates of the file are probably because i formatted that day. i think that's why they have different created day's ..but i'm not sure.. the **ntdll.dll** is causing the problem. i think but i just don't know for sure and how to go about fixing it if it is.. help!!
z28

Postby z28 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:03 pm

i found out what it was it was the audio codec. i was using it is ok now!! ..... sorry about that, I should have looked into it more before i posted.
z28

Return to VIDEOzilla Questions