what codec?

Forum Discussion for VIDEOzilla

what codec?

Postby kellinski » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:21 pm

What codec is needed to do a proper conversion of mov to flv? I only hear sound.
kellinski

Re: what codec?

Postby omegareport » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:21 pm

Since I see the staff is of little help here, try this:
open the file (right-click and choose OPEN WITH) then select your browser (I have Netscape, IE 6.0, Firefox and Opera installed since I'm a web designer who needs to put audio-video on websites and test them in various browsers).
I have found (sometimes) that the converted file will play in a browser when in a player, only the sound plays. I have no idea why, since the codecs have to be installed for it to play at all.
omegareport

Postby softdiv » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:22 pm

Hello,

Which version of standalone Flash player did you use to play the converted flash? Using a lower version of flash player to play a higher swf version might cause black screen with only sound. We would advice to use at least version 8 of standalone flash player. Thanks

Best Regards;
Rick
Softdiv Software
http://www.softdiv.com
softdiv
Site Admin

Postby omegareport » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:22 pm

use Quicktime Pro 7 - and several others (Dreamweaver, FLV Player, Coffee Cup Player, etc., etc.)

I checked Apple for any upgrades and am told I have the latest (I don't know about a QT 8??)

Because I design websites for a living, I have to keep the latest updates for several products so I can test my clients' work in various browsers, etc., etc.

My frustration with the conversion programs has made me decide to write a comprehensive guide (e-book) on how to use various software to create SWF and FLV files and embed them in your website so they'll work in different browsers. Stay tuned!
omegareport

Return to VIDEOzilla Questions