Noise reduction filter not working

General questions about Dexster

Noise reduction filter not working

Postby scgonick » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:28 pm

I tried using the new noise reduction filter in 3.2 yesterday on a small segment of my audio file. It did not work at all. I tried setting the noise reducdtion percentage to 10% and hit the preview button. It played back the audio file at high speed. It did this at every percentage. I went ahead and applied the noise reduction at 10% to my file to see what it would do. It just removed all sound from that segment of the file. Not quite what I had in mind for noise reduction.

Has anyone gotten this to work? Are there updates available? I'm on Vista Business.

Stefan
scgonick

Re: Noise reduction filter not working

Postby softdiv » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Hello Stefan,

Please send the audio file to softdiv@gmail.com . We will see what we can do for you. Thank you

Best Regards;
Rick NG
Softdiv Software Sdn Bhd
http://www.softdiv.com
softdiv
Site Admin

Postby scgonick » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi Rick,

I'm not worried about getting noise reduction applied to my test file. I'm worried that the feature does not work in the software, so there is no need to send my test file. Noise reduction was an important feature in my decision to buy this software. At this point, it does not seem to be working at all.

There is another bug that I have encountered. When I select a small region of my audio file and click on the play button, it only plays about 80% of the region and then stops. Actually, I don't know if the problem is that it is stopping short of playing to the end or that the display is not updating properly. One or the other is happening, which is making it hard to determine the exact end point of the audio segment I want to edit. Using this software has been very frustrating so far.

Stefan
scgonick

Postby softdiv » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:30 pm

Hello Stefan,

I am sorry if using Dexster has caused you some unpleasant experience. You may request for a refund at softdiv@softdivshareware.com . If you found that the noise reduction feature is less helpful for you, you can actually use the available filters like Low Pass Filter, Low Shelf Filter, or High Shelf Filter to reduce the noises.

We are unable to reproduce the playback bug that you have reported. Which playback source did you select? You may try to download and install the latest sound driver for your sound card. If the problem persists, we would appreciate if you can send the source audio file to us or letting us know the sound card that you are using. This should help us to find the root causes for this issue. Thank you

Best Regards;
Rick NG
Softdiv Software Sdn Bhd
http://www.softdiv.com
softdiv
Site Admin

Return to Dexster Questions