Merged files play at wrong speed.

General questions about Dexster

Merged files play at wrong speed.

Postby Llewellyn » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:36 pm

I am currently trialling Dexter. I want to merge three .wav files. Played singly, each plays correctly, but when I merge the three files they play back at high speed. How can I hear them at the correct speed? If I burn them to CD will they play at the correct speed or at fast speed?
Thanks for your help.
Llewellyn

Re: Merged files play at wrong speed.

Postby softdiv » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Hello,

You may use the Stretch feature (click on Operation menu - Stretch) to correct the playback speed. Thanks

Best Regards;
Rick
Softdiv Software
softdiv
Site Admin

Merged files plaing slower, can't correct with stretch

Postby grrlrighter » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Hi there,

I am new to Dexster, and I'm trying to merge two sections of separate audio files together via Mix Paste. When I do this, it doubles the length of the audio and it sounds like some evil record player that can't get up to speed. I am copying :02 - :05 seconds on both files, I have saved them both as mp3's, at 44,100 kHz; Mono; 320 Kbps. I've tried using the stretch, and I was able to get the length back to :02 - :05. However, the playback somehow still sounds like the evil record player, as if the speed has been adjusted back to the original setting, but the pitch and tone haven't.

Also, I'm not able to preview my effects. I press the preview button, and it appears like it's playing something back, but I can't hear anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Elizabeth
grrlrighter

Postby softdiv » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Hello,

Please save the audio files as 44,100 kHz; Stereo; 320 Kbps instead of 44,100 kHz; Mono; 320 Kbps. This may fix the issue. Thank you

Best Regards;
Rick NG
Softdiv Software Sdn Bhd
http://www.softdiv.com
softdiv
Site Admin

Postby grrlrighter » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi Rick,

That worked great! I can now preview and apply the mix paste the way I want to. Thanks for the help! Out of curiosity, why does this not work in mono? I record for voiceover work, and I only have the one mic, hence wanting to work in mono. Happy to lay down the tracks and save in stereo, though.

Thanks again,
Elizabeth
grrlrighter

Return to Dexster Questions