2.5 > 2.7 upgrade failure

Forum Discussion for VIDEOzilla

2.5 > 2.7 upgrade failure

Postby bigjet » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Uninstalled registered version of 2.5 and installed 2.7 without a problem. Now right-click Videozilla functions do not work - no error messages, nothing at all happens on click. A click on the desktop icon opens the options screen, and options can be set, but right-clicking a media file brings up a VideoZilla menu that's completely dead.

Version 2.5 worked very well for several months and converted dozens of media files, but the 2.7 version wont work at all.

thanks for reading this.
--bigjet
bigjet

Re: 2.5 > 2.7 upgrade failure

Postby bigjet » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Tried removing and re-installing the 2.7 upgrade several times without success; so I un-installed the 2.7 and re-installed the 2.5. The Videozilla 2.5 is working well - it works as well as it did originally. The only problem is that the program (Videozilla 2.5) can not be upgraded. Too bad, I really like it a lot.

best regards to all,
--bigjet
bigjet

Postby softdiv » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Hello,

After installing version 2.7, are you be able to see the menu item "MPEG-4 video file(s)" and "3GP video file(s)" on the context menu? If you click on the Settings..., will Videozilla be able to load the Settings screen?

Best Regards;
Rick NG
Softdiv Software
http://www.softdiv.com
softdiv
Site Admin

Postby bigjet » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Thanks for the reply. After several days of attempting to get 2.7 to work and failing, I see no point in persisting, so I have re-installed Videozilla 2.5 which works flawlessly, and will use it until another upgrade comes along. But I will answer your questions from memory.

First, I could load the settings screen from the desktop icon, but clicking on "settings" from the right-click context menu produced nothing (no error messages or crashes - nothing at all happened).

Second, YES, all the "convert to" options appeared in the right-click context menu ('avi', 'mpeg', 'wmv' etc.) but clicking on them produced nothing; and NO, clicking on "settings" from the right-click context menu did not load the Settings screen.

Thanks again
--bigjet
bigjet

Return to VIDEOzilla Questions