Converting an SWF file?

Forum Discussion for VIDEOzilla

Converting an SWF file?

Postby verena » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:10 pm

I right-clicked on the file, and the convert to options were all greyed out... Is it not possible to convert an SWF file?

Thanks...
verena

Re: Converting an SWF file?

Postby softdiv » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:11 pm

Currently, swf is only supported as output format. Thanks

Best Regards;
Rick
Softdiv Software
softdiv
Site Admin

Postby snout » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:12 pm

I recently purchased the full version of VideoZilla believing it to have the ability to convert SWF files to either AVI or MPEG. I see now that it does not. What are my options? Your earlier post says, "currently SWF is only supported as an output fomat". Does this mean that a new version is coming that will include an option for converting SWF to MPEG/AVI? Should I wait for this new version? If no such version is in the works, may I request a refund?

-Thank you.
snout

Postby softdiv » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Hello,

Please send your refund request to softdiv@softdivshareware.com together with your order-id. We will check if your refund request is acceptable based on our refund policies as stated at http://www.videozilla.net/refund.html . Thanks

Best Regards;
Rick
Softdiv Software
http://www.softdiv.com
softdiv
Site Admin

Postby snout » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Thank you for directing me to your refund information. However, I am still curious if a new version of VideoZilla is in the works. (One that will convert SWF to MPEG/AVI). If this is the case, a refund will not be something I will pursue further. Any information is helpful. Thanks again for the quick response.
snout

Postby softdiv » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Hello,

Decoding a swf format can be a very complex activity and will take some time to implement it. However, this feature is definitely on our development list. You can expect Videozilla to support MPEG-4, and decoding RM soon.

You can subscribe to our mailing list to keep inform about our latest development news. Thanks

Best Regards;
Rick
Softdiv Software
http://www.softdiv.com
softdiv
Site Admin

Postby YiamCross » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 pm

I see this exchange is a year or so old now & there were plans to include the conversion of SWF files to AVI or similar. When is this likely to happen?

I have just downloaded the latest trial version and still not joy.

I'm glad I didn't pay for the full version on the basis of your list of supported files which claim it does accept SWF (flash 8 & Flash MX) as input files when clearly it does not.
YiamCross

Return to VIDEOzilla Questions