video quality for flv

Forum Discussion for VIDEOzilla

video quality for flv

Postby jita » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:29 pm

I am trying to convert a avi file to a flv file but the quality is poor. do anyone know how to improve the quality of the converted video for flv?
jita

Re: video quality for flv

Postby softdiv » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Hello,

You may try the Flash profile "Flash 8 FLV Video for Broadband (2 MB)". You shall be able to receive good quality video with this profile. Thank you

Best Regards;
Rick NG
Softdiv Software
http://www.softdiv.com
softdiv
Site Admin

Postby LinusDJ » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Hello,

for video to be streemed on my web site I generally use to convert source .AVI files into "Flash 8 FLV Video for Broadband (256K)".

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm a neophite with FLV management, but don't you think that a .FLV 2MB file is to heavy to be loaded on line in comparison with a FLV 256K one?

I think of people that use to stream .FLV files on line with old modems.

Please, let me know it, because if I'm wrong I need to convert again all my .AVI file into .FLV 2Mb ones.

Looking to hearing from you soon.

Postby softdiv » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Hello,

Yes, using Flash profile "Flash 8 FLV Video for Broadband (2 MB)" for web streaming purpose might not be a good choice. Generally, Flash profile "Flash 8 FLV Video for Broadband (256K)" and "Flash 8 FLV Video for Broadband (512K)" are more suitable.

Best Regards;
Rick NG
Softdiv Software
http://www.softdiv.com
softdiv
Site Admin

Postby LinusDJ » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Starting from the point that people all around the world may use Internet high speed connection but also 56K old modem connection and starting from the point that I don't have too much space on my ISP web server to upload .flv videos both in 256K and 512K .flv formats....

.... if I have to choose one of the above options which one of them is better for me to use, knowing that the most part of the visitors coming to my web site will be able to easily stream the video(s) for sure?

a) .flv 256K -----> I currently use this format

or

b) .flv 512 K

Thanks for your answer.

Return to VIDEOzilla Questions